Rainforests have been around for millions of years, and yet in
the very brief span of half a century, mankind has destoyed a huge
portion of the world's rainforests. On a daily basis, acres and
acres more disappear. This field trip takes a look at what a rainforest
is and why it is an important ecosystem, the animals and peoples
of the rainforest, what types of rainforests there are, and provides
some ideas that students can do to actively participate in protecting
the remaining rainforests.
- Students will learn about what defines a rainforest.
- Students will learn about the environmental impact of eliminating
- Students will learn about what animals live in the rainforest.
- Students will learn about the Inidigenous people of the rainforest.
- What makes a rainforest a rainforest?
- What are the layers of a rainforest?
- Are rainforests important in our environment? Why or why not?